The other day I made bacon wrapped quail and it was so tasty and easy I figured I would share the recipe.
Easy Bacon Wrapped Quail*
1 Stick of Butter
Large Pan For Baking
1) Preheat oven to 400°
2) Spray pan with oil
3) Wrap quail in bacon and place in pan (you may want to use toothpicks to hold the bacon, but make sure to remember how many you put in each)
4) Melt 1 stick of butter in a pan (per half dozen quail)
5) Pour melted butter over the top of the quail
6) Grind fresh pepper and sea salt over top of the meat
7) Cook for 45 minutes or until bacon fully cooked
* This recipe could easily be used with cornish game hens, doves, pheasant or other small birds.
Until next time, keep Making A Homestead, one day at a time.